Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yee Rishtaa Kyaa kehlaata hai!!

April 4th , 2009 : It is exactly one month since we got married!!


The red sindhoor at the tip of my hair , the bangles and especially the long mangalasutra (which comes out and grabs my attention whenever I bend down)…………all of them remind me every now and then that there is another person in my life , who is as important as myself to me.


The last one month has been the most mind blowing experience of my life!

Right from the settling of the marriage till Ravi going back to Jo’Burg…..everything was just like some fairy tale…………some movie clipping………

We kept reminding each other of the fact that we are married now , for almost 15 days after the D-day………..Pataa nahin yaar……..digest karnaa bahut mushkil thaaa…..hehehehe………..


Two of the many incidents which confirmed that I am a married girl now, mentally, are:


Incident no 1:


This happened on March 17th……the day Ravi went back to Jo’Burg……

Ravi went for some shopping and left his phone at home. One of his colleague from Jo’Burg called up…..


The conversation went on this way….

Other person : I am X calling from Jo’Burg….can I speak to Ravi?

Me: Ravi forgot his cellphone at the house. He has gone for some shopping…. Do you want to leave a message for him…

Other person : May I know who is speaking?

Me : I am his wife speaking (Without even thinking for a second. As if it was very very usual and I am saying it for the infineth time.)

Other person : Oh ok…Congratulations!!


Can you believe this…………..

I am sure the person who spoke to me would have gone crazy as to how this girl, who just married Ravi , seemed so usual already?

I am still wondering as to how that sentence just came out of my mouth so spontaneously………….

The paradox was……we were still struggling to get used to the fact that we are married……and suddenly this sentence comes out of my mouth so spontaneously, without even giving a pause…….Strange!!


Does this mean………..I have accepted the fact sub-consciously? ;-) Heheheh


Incident no 2:


I have always felt that my mother’s role is a very enjoyable one, as she has her husband and kids whom she can depend on. Incase of an argument , she cleverly switches sides…..sometimes towards the children, blaming her husband……and sometimes towards her husband, blaming her children………….

I used to be very envious of this thing that she enjoyed.............


Two weeks back , a similar kind of thing happened. We had an argument at home and suddenly my mother changed the side , and started complaining to my father that I am not responsible etc etc…….


My instant reaction to that:

“ Not only you , even I have a person to complain now!!”

( Did I really say this?? Did I?? Did I?? )


That’s it !! My mother was shocked and my father could not stop laughing……

He said to my mother…….”Yeah she is right. If you have your husband to complain about her, now she has her husband to complain about you. Simple!!”


I kept thinking the whole day , again , as to how did this sentence come out of my mouth without my notice.

The same question again…….. “Have I already accepted the fact sub-consciously?”


Obviously , the answer is “Yes”(true to my innerself). Ofcourse my outer ego will never agree to this ;-)


Today we celebrate the completion of one month of our married life , in which we have been together for two weeks and we have been very far away from each other for the next two weeks( Doesn’t it seem too small for the build-up that I have given above…..hehehehe…..anyways…..leave it)


I carry a mixed bag of experiences regarding the last one month……….happiness , excitement , disappointment , sadness , neutralness etc etc etc………...everything………


But yeah one thing……….

Yee Rishtaa Kyaa Kehlaata Hai??

Dheeree Dheeree Samajh Mein Aa Rahaa Hai!! :-)

1 comment:

Harini Balasubramanian said...

Brought a smile on the face.... i like the simplicity and honesty in your writing.

Keep it up!!!